BASIC CARPET CARE
A great carpet experience, starts with selecting the most suitable carpet for your specific needs, and then following a good carpet care programme from day one.
Use good quality walk-off mats at entrances, to reduce foot borne dirt and kitchen grease from being walked into the carpets.
· For best results, vacuum your carpet regularly – even daily in high traffic areas – and thoroughly to prevent soil from settling into the pile and to remove fibre shed.
· Ensure that the vacuum cleaner is on the carpet setting and that beaters or brushes are retracted to avoid damaging the pile.
· Remove marks and stains immediately to prevent the spillage from penetrating the fibre and becoming fixed – this can make the difference between a spill and a stain.
· Maintain heavy traffic routes with a quality carpet cleaning powder from time to time.
· While good day to day carpet care will keep your carpets clean for longer, do not delay having your carpets deep-cleaned by a reliable professional – generally once a year.
· Do not use any chemical process without first checking its safety or suitability, especially on natural fibres. If unsure about any carpet treatment, contact a professional
Remember that the care you give your carpet will reward you with the enduring pleasure only a well maintained carpet can provide.
SPOT REMOVAL GUIDE
The stuff of life: how to deal with them
Your Nouwens carpet is likely to encounter the odd mishap during its course of service to you. To ensure that it bounces back to its original beauty, here are a few basic pointers and a spot removal guide to help you.